Tuesday, September 14, 2021

My Beginning like an Artist

Was a long time ago where I started my first 1st Drawing, but was until the 6th Grade of Elementary School in Mexico where I start to put attention to Art. My Grandfather from my father's side was a painter and a world traveler. And in many ways I became the same; I was exposed to the Diego Rivera Museum and his great painting, and I read has a kid a book about him and his European travels. This inspires me to try the same, and I did.

The first comic book superhero I ever saw was Batman in the 1989 Tim Burton Movie. I also enjoyed Silver Hawkes, Thunder Cats, TMNT, Flash Gordon, and more. Until 1994  I started to wake up into comic books and started to create my comics and characters. 

When I entered middle school, I knew kids that enjoyed drawing, comics, and video games like me. They focused on drawing fan art, which I tried for a while; however, this didn't fulfill my artistic energy.

So I started writing and creating my characters. I became very passionate about drawing and writing. Often I carried my drawing materials and sketchbook to any place I would go, even supermarkets, parking lots, and more. I became an indoor kid and spent my evenings drawing and watching movies. In my middle school times, I started creating my characters based on the comics and movies I loved. A friend of mine and myself started a comic book called ¨Laser Force¨were all our friends were superheroes, with the powers we liked back then. After this, I went my own way, and created ¨Tiger Force¨were  I took the characters created before, and wrote a story about how the team broke up, and went separate ways; this was an attempt to separate myself from the previous book. Which Sucked.

My super genius and original creativity, basically killed all the characters that my friend and I created, leaving only the ones I made,ofcourse, meanwhile his were destroyed and killed in the most hilarious ways.

I was very competitive haha! Here are some pages from those days

 





 

 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Era of the Cowards and Apathy

    While becoming a Professional Illustrator, I have met many people aspiring to do the same but have been left behind by the most interest...